Tips for Online Learning
Here are tips to help you be successful while learning online.
- Your instructors will contact you with information regarding scheduled tests and exams.
- Take the time to put together the schedule and expectations for each of your classes. Check CarmenCanvas for updates to your syllabus.
- Give yourself plenty of time when turning in important assignments and tests. Don't wait until the last second, just in case you encounter technical issues.
Take care of yourself.
Manage your environment.
- Schedule specific times in your day to dedicate to studying or participating in your online class. Check with your instructor if you should be calling into live Zoom broadcasts.
- Consider using the "Do Not Disturb" function on your devices or a lockdown browser on your computer when you are trying to manage distraction.
- Find a space that is comfortable and allows you to focus. This can be your home base for coursework.
Ask for help.
- Need tech support? We've got that, too.
- If you need learning accommodations, you can request help from Student Life Disability Services.
- Advising and tutoring services are available virtually through the Office of Student Academic Success.
- Contact your instructor for resources specific to your courses.